Monday, January 24, 2011

Oops, I blurbed!

So, the weirdest thing happened a couple of weeks ago. I was killing time in a bookstore with a friend. (That's not the weird thing.) I noticed that my buddy Doug Preston's latest novel had been released in paperback, and for whatever reason I picked it up. Flipping past the pages at the front of the book, I stopped and did a double-take. There was a blurb (a quote from a review) credited to In One Eye, Out the Other. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a review I wrote here was quoted in the front of the book!

And, I'm sorry, but that is just so cool. I don't know how it happened or why it happened, but I'm quite honored. It was a terrific thriller, and I'm happy if my enthusiasm for the title was infectious.

This raises an interesting thought. I rarely look at paperback books. There was no reason for me to look at this one. I never would have known that I was quoted. Certainly no one asked permission or informed me of this fact. Perhaps I'm blurbing all over the place and never knew it?

If you happen to see a quote from Susan Tunis or In One Eye, Out the Other in a book, do give me a heads up, okay? You'll make my day.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! It's about time your fabulous critical reviews were acknowledged in such a public fashion. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've seen so many of your blurbs! Did you not know about them?

    Only joking (sorry) - very cool that you made it into print! The book was on my wishlist (not sure it still is). Maybe because of your review on Shelfari...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, that is beyond awesome! Now that this proverbial cat is out of the bag, I will tell you that I have "blurbed" you (yes I am turning the noun "blurb" into a verb!) several times in email exchanges with friends about books we want to read. Often when books come up in email conversations that you've blogged about here, I'll just cut and paste your stellar reviews and that's all that is necessary. So, do I have your permission to continue spreading the Gospel of Susan throughout the land? I guess getting your permission is now a moot point after the fact, since your words are being blurbed by me to all sorts of places in the country :) Hope you don't mind!

    Is the weekly giveaway contest no longer happening?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your very kind and amusing comments!

    Oh, and Rachel, you can quote me as much as you want, LOL. Also, yeah, I need to start doing some giveaways again. That will resume in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I think I'm going to start a spin-off of Bookccrossing called Susan's Blurbcrossing...LOL

    ReplyDelete