Monday, June 6, 2011

Mailbox Monday: Look what the stork delivered! edition



Allow me to introduce you to my nephew, Jonah Ephraim Tunis, who was born via Cesarean section at 10:14AM on Tuesday, May 31, 2011.  He weighted 7.4 pounds and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He arrived about three and a half weeks early, with labor beginning in the middle of the very night that I arrived in DC to visit my family.  My parents (and me) got the call from my sister just hours after I posted my last blog posts promising more reports from my time in NY. 

Suffice it to say, the past week was a blur of drama, hospital visits, child care providing, and manual labor.  I was very glad to be there to help out my family at at time when help was desperately needed.  I was less glad to have the relaxation portion of my vacation go up in a puff of smoke, but such is life.  And it seems to be a more than fair trade--after the worst, scariest pregnancy ever--to have a healthy baby at home.

I am finally back in San Francisco, and I definitely need a vacation from my vacation.  Alas, that's not going to happen.  The reality is that I'm trying to catch up on two weeks of missed work and two weeks of missed sleep.  There is so much catching up to do on the blog, but it'll have to happen one post at a time. 

Thanks for reading and sharing this happy news with me!  :-)

Added bonus:  Here's some video from his birth day with a surprising amount of action.  It features my sister, Nancy, and Jonah with their friend Neal off screen.

4 comments:

  1. Cuteness! I agree...those baby fingernails are as sharp as knife blades. BTW your sister is going to strangle you when she finds out you posted this to your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Auntie! Glad the arrival was a healthy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies!

    Poor little Jonah is having a tough day today. As is Jewish tradition, on the 8th day of his life is his bris, which is a lovely ceremony that includes circumcision. Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete