Monday, April 18, 2011

VINDICATED!



I hate to say I told you so, but...

Jennifer Egan won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction today!  I'll merely remind you that I was raving about this book before it was even published.  You may revisit my review HERE.  And now I will no longer have to write blog posts like, "Why isn't Jennifer Egan a household name?" 

Per the Pulitzer website:
For distinguished fiction by an American author, preferably dealing with American life, Ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

Awarded to "A Visit From the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan, an inventive investigation of growing up and growing old in the digital age, displaying a big-hearted curiosity about cultural change at warp speed.
Congratulations, Jennifer!

2 comments:

  1. I thought all your blog groupies was vindication enough.Or did you think we were just here for the book giveaways?(lol)

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, groupies. That'll be the day, LOL.

    (But I appreciate the thought, Craig!)

    ReplyDelete