McMullen's debut introduces Lucy Hamilton, stay-at-home mom by day, spy by night. After giving up a stellar career as a government agent (code name: Sally Sin), Lucy finds herself drawn back into the underworld when her old nemesis, an arms dealer, resurfaces—and she's apparently the only one who can bring him to justice. High-spirited fun that will appeal to readers who enjoy sassy mystery heroines.This book won't be released until July 12, 2011, so this is a trade paper pre-publication galley I'm giving away.
Shilpi Somaya Gowda strikes a pleasing balance in her first novel, which draws upon the hot-button issues of female infanticide and overseas adoption…Secret Daughter tells a nuanced coming-of-age story that is faithful to the economic and emotional realities of two very different cultures…Gowda doesn't neaten up the messy complications of family life as she warmly affirms the power of love to help people grow and change.
- To enter, all you need to do is post a comment below by Wednesday, May 11, 2011.
- At my discretion, if there are less than five respondents, I can cancel or extend the giveaway.
- Winner will be chosen by me with the help of a random number generator, and will be announced in the comments section of this thread.
- Please check back to see if you've won. If you have left a way to contact you, I will do so.
- The winner has one week to respond to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a mailing address, or I will choose a new winner.
- If a second winner fails to respond, the book automatically goes to the lovely members of my face-to-face book club.
- Previous giveaway winners are welcome to enter.
- Finally, if at all possible, please comment below only if you're entering the giveaway.
Good luck, happy reading, and happy Mother's day to all the moms out there!