Sunday, March 13, 2011

Michael and Ayelet's Hobgoblin



This just in:  The Hollywood Reporter is, uh, reporting that Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Michael Chabon and his wife, novelist Ayelet Waldman, will be penning (and exec-producing) a new television series for HBO.  Currently entitled Hobgoblin, the series is about a group of con men and magicians who use their unique skills to battle Hitler and the Nazi's.  Right now the show is being developed, but doesn't appear to have been picked up yet.

Ahh, that's so Michael.  Certainly I detect echoes of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.  As potentially awesome as this project may be, is it wrong that I'm almost more interested in the behind the scenes action?  I've had plenty of interaction with both Michael and Ayelet over the years, out and about in Bay Area literary circles, and let me tell you--they are a reality show waiting to happen.  He's lovely.  She always squints at me and asks, "How do I know you?"  Always.

My one concern is that we don't "lose" this talented literary novelist to Hollywood.  Please don't forget your roots, Michael.

And for those of you who are speculating that I posted this news merely for an excuse to feature a huge photo of the dreamy-even-when-scruffy Chabon... No comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment