Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Conversation with Raymond Benson

Yes, it's the last of the New York chats (when I had the annoying, destroyed voice).  Nonetheless, this brief discussion is well worth watching, because Raymond Benson is a lovely, animated conversationalist.  It's really a lot of fun, and under seven minutes long.

We are, of course, discussing his latest novel, The Black Stiletto, which I had not read at the time.  He throws me a little bit when he quotes his Library Journal review.  They described the novel as "a mashup of the work of Gloria Steinem, Ian Flemming, and Mario Puzo, under the editorship of Stan Lee."  I was all, "That's, like, a lot of influences."  Ah, such brilliant repartee--which is why these are just fun conversations between old friends and not interviews. 

Having since read the novel, I have to say that Library Journal pegged it!  The Black Stiletto is a lot of fun, and my review may be seen here.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment