Friday, October 14, 2011

A quick update

Hi readers,

Sorry to go AWOL this week.  My week was derailed by some unexpected and unpleasant medical issues.  During Litquake week, of course.  Grrr.

The good news is that I did make it out to see Christopher Moore and Flip Nicklin on Monday night, and I shot some notably bad video of their talks.  I'll try to post it in the near future.  I also got out to hear the awesome Chuck Klosterman speak, but alas, I was too far away to even attempt video.  I will tell you that the single most interesting thing I learned is that his surname is pronounced with a long "o."  Klost rhymes with toast.  Who knew?  I've been saying it wrong for years.

I was out of commission for Wednesday and Thursday, and I'm not confident I'll make it out to hear Jeffrey Eugenides tonight.  (A bookstore employee kindly offered to reserve me a seat, so we'll see.)  If I don't get video tonight, I've still got his talk from BEA up my sleeve.  And there are still several Litquake events tomorrow, including the final Lit Crawl.  So, I'll continue my coverage next week when I'm feeling a bit stronger.

Oh, two more good things...  A winner has finally been selected for The Dovekeepers giveaway.  Please check the posts' comments section if you entered.  Also, tonight I'll be posting a link to not only my next giveaway, but links to more than 50 other book blogs around the world hosting giveaways! 

So, that's all for now.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment