Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Potter?



Yesterday, author J.K. Rowling set the net buzzing with the posting of a mysterious website, http://www.pottermore.com/.  Currently, the only screen on the site is shown in the image above.  If you click on either of the owls that frame the image, you'll be taken to this You Tube video, which features a clock counting down til next Wednesday.  (I'm too lazy to figure out the exact time, but if you do, please post it in the comments below.)  The message beneath the countdown states, "The owls are gathering... Find out why soon."

Facts are few and far between, but Rowling and her publishers have stated that this is announcing a "new project," and that it's not another Potter book.  Entertainment Weekly is speculating that it could be "one of two things: either a comprehensive, fully immersive Harry Potter website (which would be awesome) or the revelation that the series will soon be available as e-books, a development that has been a long time coming."

What do you think?  Are you even interested?  Listen, I'm the lady who donned academic robes in Hogwart's colors for the midnight release of the final novel.  (What?  They were lying around the university.  I borrowed them.)  I embrace my geekiness in this one area of pop culture, so I'll be waiting to see what happens when the countdown reaches zero.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some HP. With the final movie coming so soon, it will be like second farewell. I think I shared in SFBX that I warned loved ones not to read the last book too quickly when it was released... not like I followed that advice.

    ReplyDelete